From the library's website:
In 1916 a group of women petitioned the village board for permission to use a part of the building as a library and public rest area. Permission was granted and groups began raising money to fund the project. The organizing women were members of the "Music, Needlework and Culture (MNC) Club," a group which is still active in the community today. Other groups who helped to raise funds were the "Dignified Daughters of Tappen Coulee" and the "Dorcas Society of Upper Trempealeau Valley." A formal opening of the Blair Public Library was held on November 10, 1916. Within months the library held 700 volumes in its collection and boasted of 300 patrons.