From "The Library World" column of August 1918, reprinted in The Library Journal:
The William N. Byers branch of the Public Library was dedicated June 22. A special feature was the gift of a 35-foot flag-pole by C. W. Bond, in honor of the West Denver boys who have gone to war. This is the sixth library building to be opened in Denver, and is the only branch on the west side. The building has a book capacity of about 7000 volumes. It is built in the Italian style of architecture and was erected at a cost of $22,000, the money being donated by the Carnegie Corporation. It is one of the most beautiful and artistic libraries in the city. The branch is named in honor of William N. Byers, a pioneer newspaper man of Denver. Helen Campbell will be the librarian. She is a graduate of Westminster College and of the New York Public Library School.