From From "The Library World" column of June 1916, reprinted in The Library Journal:
From the Mohawk Valley Public Library's "Local History" site:
The Schoharie Free Library is situated in the rural village of Schoharie. The Library was chartered in 1916 and began with a total of 958 volumes. It was sponsored by the Daughters of the American Revolution and was housed on the second floor of the D.A.R. Hall on Main Street. The first librarian was Miss Florence Tiffany.
The Library became an Association Library in 1959 and joined the Mohawk Valley Library System at that time.