From "The Library World" column of March 1916, reprinted in The Library Journal:
VERMONT — Swanton: The new Public Library has been completed and was dedicated Feb. 9. In the afternoon Miss Rebecca Wright, secretary of the State Library Commission, gave a talk to the children. Following this was an informal reception in the audience room with music and refreshments. The dedication exercises were held in the town hall in the evening with addresses by Miss Mary Saxe of Montreal and Frederick Tupper, professor of English literature of the University of Vermont. The library will be open three days every week and the reading room will be open every afternoon and evening. 
From The Swanton Historical Society:
1916: The Library was dedicated on February 9.