From the library's history page:
A contract to erect the present library was awarded to C.W. Endicott of Toledo for $9050, not including pluming and heating. The cornerstone of the new library building was laid on October 15, 1915, with the ceremonies being witnessed by nearly 1,000 people. Mary H.M. Woolley presided. "Tama Jim" Wilson, former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, then living in retirement in Traer, was one of the speakers, along with Dr. C.H. Brown, president of the library trustees, an office he held many years.
The new library was completed and formally opened at a dedication service March 31, 1916.